Monday, November 12, 2012

Fellow Fellows


From left to right: Keren, me, Annabel, Rosemary, Jerry, Catherine and Ann
Last Thursday, Keren and I had the pleasure of having lunch with group of Australian Eisenhower Fellows.  The lunch hosted by Jerry (’83) and Ann Ellis was joined by Rosemary Howard (’91), Catherine Livingston (’99) and Annabel Crabb (’11).  All have made significant contributions to Australia.  It was privilege to have the opportunity to spend time with them and discuss topics well beyond infrastructure. 
 
When I was first introduced to Annabel, I thought to myself, “She looks so familiar. That’s odd.”  I soon realized it wasn’t odd at all, I had watched her hour long documentary on the US election just days before on the ABC (that’s the Australian Broadcasting Corporation).  I highly recommend watching the program.  The coverage of the election was intense here in Australia and this is a great piece that sheds some light on how the non-Americans view our way of electing a head of state. It’s good, it’s bad, it’s funny and at times a little ugly. All in all a rather honest look at the state of American presidential elections. You should be able to watch it here: http://www.abc.net.au/foreign/content/2012/s3626790.htm




No comments:

Post a Comment